Sunday, January 2, 2011

December Cakes

This was a cake for my Sis-in-Law Erin who turned 30 on the 31st! She just had a baby so has been reading so much lately that my brother asked me to incorporate books into it somehow. I tried to change up my usual polka dots and this is what came! Double Layer Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Buttercream filling.

We had Matt's family over for Christmas Eve, so we made a fun Christmas present cake, with cakes. It's chocolate cake with peppermint buttercream.



A close-up of the present cake

For teacher gifts this year I made them each a 4 inch chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.
My cousin's daughter got baptized and I had seen a similar cake, but wanted to make a smaller version.

Surprisingly with how busy December is, I ended up doing a lot of cakes! I found every excuse to practice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment